Proto’s to open in Boulder’s new Gunbarrel Center development
The new apartment community creates a focal point for Gunbarrel with a walkable Main Street welcoming new restaurants and retail
Gunbarrel, CO (April 19, 2016) – Gunbarrel Center, the new apartment community located at 5340 Gunbarrel Center Court in Gunbarrel, is excited to welcome Proto’s Pizzeria Napoletana (Proto’s) as the community’s first restaurant. Proto’s, the popular, Bolder-based pizzeria founded by Pam Proto in 1999, will open a 1,800 square foot restaurant at Gunbarrel Center this summer. Proto’s is the first commercial tenant to be announced at Gunbarrel Center. When complete, Gunbarrel’s new pedestrian-friendly Main Street will feature several local retailers and eateries.
“We’re very excited to welcome Proto’s to Gunbarrel Center. The area is hungry for new, high-quality restaurants and Proto’s will be a great destination for the area’s many residents and workers,” said Matt Perrin, Executive VP of Asset Management at The Wolff Company, developers of Gunbarrel Center. “Pam has five very successful locations in Colorado, and the pizza and full-bar concept she has planned for Gunbarrel will be a very popular addition to the community.”
Proto’s dining experience has been recognized in many local and national publications, including Bon Appetit for authentic Neapolitan style pizza, in-house made cannolis and sit down service with linen napkins and a full bar.
“Gunbarrel Center is the perfect location for Proto’s and we could not be looking more forward to opening our doors,” said proprietor, Pam Proto. “The location is in walking distance to more than 6,000 homes, 600 new apartments and several of Boulder’s largest employers. We anticipate being very busy and look forward to becoming THE gathering place in Boulder’s fastest growing neighborhood.”
Residents began moving into Gunbarrel Center last summer, and have watched it flourish during the past several months. In addition to Main Street, the pet-friendly community has a grassy park with grills for residents, spectacular mountain views and immediate trail access to large tracts of open space for enjoying the Colorado sunshine. Residents of the 251-apartment community have nine buildings and 32 different floorplans to choose from.
“There is a lot of new apartment construction underway in the area and Gunbarrel Center continues to distinguish itself with outrageous views, spacious floor plans, over-the-top amenities like an indoor sports simulator, and exceptional quality,” said Perrin. “People are excited when they realize the convenience of Gunbarrel Center’s walking proximity to area employers, several nearby breweries, as well as our plans to make the retail and restaurant component a town center for the entire community. We’ve also heard from more than a few runners and cyclists who really appreciate Gunbarrel Center’s immediate access to popular trails and riding routes. All around, this is the hot place to be in Boulder.”
In addition to the luxury residences, pedestrian-friendly Main Street and proximity to open space, Gunbarrel Center also features:
- A grassy picnic area with a grilling station, community gardens and a playground.
- A sleek lounge with a demonstration kitchen, fireplace & flat-screen TVs
- A coffee bar with an app-powered, TopBrewer espresso machine.
- A 24-hour fitness center with top-of-the-line equipment.
- An indoor golf and sports simulator and pool hall.
- A conference room and business center.
- Adjacent public transit access.
- Nearby access to award-winning Heatherwood Elementary School.
The apartment residences include:
- One-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans.
- Expansive, nine-foot ceilings*
- Large, energy-efficient, dual-pane windows to take in mountain views.
- Oversized walk-in closets and ample storage space.
- Gourmet kitchens with quartz countertops and tile backsplashes.
- GE stainless steel appliances including flush-set refrigerators.
- Under-counter mounted kitchen sinks.
- Upgraded chrome finishes.
- Wood-style vinyl flooring.
- Full-size washers and dryers.
- Personal balconies and patios.*
- Attached garages.*
*in select units
For more information, please visit www.GunbarrelCenter.com.
For more information regarding Proto’s, please visit www.ProtosPizza.com.